Greetings to you.

Making Prize Winning Photos... Anyone can snap a photo, but it takes much more to make a lasting memory!









Join us as I come along side you and offer tips and information from my 60+ years of experience as a Professional Photographer.






Please, email me, if in addition to this blog, you would like an even more in depth journey. For a very small one time fee, you can receive twice weekly emails and my special CD which is informative as well as invaluable in lighting techniques.








I feel you will find something worth your while. I value your comments and questions.





Monday, July 16, 2012

Flowers....Everyone Loves Them

Since everyone loves flowers, let's give them a go.
Now this session is a relatively simple one of just photographing the lily.
How to enhance it and put the lettering on, comes with the twice-a-week, more concentrated course. You need to join up with us for that....Call up the main Blog:   http://rhaphotopro.blogspot.com/  for instructions how to join until I get this Blog upgraded.

For good, pretty much unlimited, photos, you'll need a good point and shoot Digital Camera. I use a Nikon Coolpix L24 14 MB one. They sell for less than $100 at Amazon. That's where I have my book, "Mississippi Moments" listed.
First, choose a day that is btight, but not too glarey. Set your camera on the "Next to the best quality". I use that all the time, as I find the very highest quality level serverly limits the number of images you can get on a card.
Be sure your camera has its "White Balance" or "Color Balance" or "Kelvin Temperature" (all mean the same) set on "Daylight" for correct color. If you take snapshots inside with no flash, be sure to change your camera Color Balance back to "Incandescent".
Walk around the flower and choose an angle that shows its petals best. Choose an angle with a good background.
Be sure your shadow doesn't show in the photo. (The mark of a rank amateur).
Make several different photos, watching the monitor and correcting any mistakes you might have made.
Now the email course will go into enhancement, addition of the mat, and adding lettering. Blossom on!
Here is my Lily.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I value your opinions and suggestions.