Greetings to you.

Making Prize Winning Photos... Anyone can snap a photo, but it takes much more to make a lasting memory!









Join us as I come along side you and offer tips and information from my 60+ years of experience as a Professional Photographer.






Please, email me, if in addition to this blog, you would like an even more in depth journey. For a very small one time fee, you can receive twice weekly emails and my special CD which is informative as well as invaluable in lighting techniques.








I feel you will find something worth your while. I value your comments and questions.





Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photoshop to the rescue

Photoshop is such a remarkable tool. Admittedly, it takes a long time to master. For the serious Photographer, however, it is a Godsend.
    Here is an example of using existing photos, creating a sky and stars background, writing a script....then, placing each in a layer above the others, moving them around to where they fit. In each case, making them larger or smaller, tilting them if need be, adding or subtracting color, contrast, light or darkness, then adding a mat around them, if desired.
    Once done, the whole set of layers is saved for later editing, then flattened, and made whatever size and resolution you need for printing or emailing.
    With the exception of Corinn's portrait, I made this whole thing without leaving my chair and computer....Even then, I took her original portrait from the same chair, added a diffused background of a white blossomed tree growing right out side my front door. (I took the tree photo leaning out the door).
    If you have further interest in learning all this, contact me at robertalex@comcast.net  or call me at 601-724-1007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I value your opinions and suggestions.